I Got A New Camera Last Summer

I was not quite happy with my little point and shoot digital, and I had been wanting a digital SLR, but I didn't need all the bells and whistles of expensive cameras. I just wanted something that could sometimes take advantage of photo opportunities that might be a little more demanding - low light, distance, etc.

We were at a family thing and one of Bill's cousin's had a brand new Nikon D80. I went home and looked it up - too rich for my blood! But the intro to the line, the D40, had pretty decent reviews.

So, I'm trying to learn to use its features. With the help of my good friend, Vicky, who is an awesome photographer, I am getting the hang of it little by little. One thing she taught me was that if you get an SLR expect to have to edit your photos in a photo editing software. And I thought the more the camera cost, the less work you'd have to do! But I am finding that editing can be just as much fun as taking pictures.

Letting off some steam


Zebras at Wildlife World Zoo, Oct 2008
2 Responses
  1. Angie Says:

    I tried to click on the pictures to enlarge them and they said I am not a friend and wouldn't let me go to them:(
    We have a Nikon point and shoot that we got because it was rated the best for low maintenance operation. But Rena didn't like it for travel because it is too big to put in your pocket. So we got a Polaroid i830 automatic focus camera that works great too.
    What photo editing software do you use?


  2. I use paint.net It's free. :-)

    Here are the zebras:
    Zebras

    And the steam train in Grapevine:
    Train


Related Posts with Thumbnails