Vittles

I dread the end of the weekend because Bill does all the cooking since he's off. I've learned the difference between a really good cook and an average cook just by watching Bill. The really good cook takes the time to do things the hard way, not relying on shortcuts or pre-made mixes. In other words, he's not like me!

Here is what was on the menu this weekend.

SAT - Drunken Steak

Bill discovered while searching for the recipe for Outback's steak rub that if you marinate the steaks in scotch ale in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before you throw them on the grill you will have the juiciest, most tender steak you ever ate. We've only tried it on rib-eyes so far, but they have been to die for.

SUN - Chicken Vegetable Soup


Homemade, of course. Bill's Mom says that adding cabbage is the secret to any good vegetable soup. Who am I to disagree with Bill's Mom when it comes to cooking?
2 Responses
  1. Angie Says:

    I am like you when it comes to cooking. Rena takes the time. Not so much from scratch but a good cook.
    She does best with baking and she has different ways to add or change ingredients to make it taste better.

    In the summer I do the grilling but we don't do any marinating Rena is picky and it is just as well if I eat like her then I don't have to worry about my acid reflux with spices.

    Does he buy any organic ingredients?


  2. Rena is a picky eater? I hadn't noticed. Haha! No, Bill is not into organics. He is very picky about some things he uses. It has to be exactly the way his Mom did it. Like, it has to be Blue Bonnet margarine when he bakes. Only Angel Flake coconut. Certain brands he's very picky about.


Related Posts with Thumbnails