A Tale of Two Hummers

Yesterday we almost had our first fatality in the Hummingbird Wars. Two hummers were  going at it and flew into the patio window. One of them landed on the mat in front of the door for a minute or two amidst the little hummer feathers scattered all around. At first we thought he was dead. Eventually, he took off so he must have just been dazed.

It was quite traumatic though because as I've watched the hummers all summer they have practically become family pets. I watched all day hoping to see them chasing each other again. Toward the evening, I did see Sluggo back in the palm tree guarding the feeder, but he wasn't his usual noisy self. Maybe that was one hummer that had eaten crow.
2 Responses
  1. Nancy Says:

    Poor little guy. You know they're traveling so fast...that window had to hurt. I hope he's back to his usual self today. I'd hate to see him dethroned.


  2. Cathi Says:

    ah...poor little guys...!! xxoo


Related Posts with Thumbnails