We Make Fire

wine I’ve tried to explain it to people. We here in the desert Southwest are a bit climatically dyslexic. Your Spring is our Fall. Your Fall is our Spring. Your Winter is our Summer, and your Summer is our Winter. While the rest of you are anticipating the winter and snowfall, we’re all running out of the house like crazy people so we can enjoy the cooler weather, plant flowers, and are anticipating lower electric bills (hooray!).

Last night we dined on the patio and followed that with the ceremonial first lighting of the chimenea. The rest of the evening was spent by the fire and the pool listening to jazz music and enjoying the wine.

light
Life is what you make it, and I can vouch that life in the fall in the desert Southwest is good. Today I planted flowers with hummingbirds buzzing above my head.

fire2
2 Responses
  1. Nancy Says:

    Looks like a lovely evening. I love the nights here now. We sleep with the window open...it's so cool.


  2. Cathi Says:

    Sounds like a nice weekend..!! We sat by my nephews chimenea last night and had a great time! XXOO


Related Posts with Thumbnails