7 Things Meme

I've been tagged by Vicky Sedgwick in the meme going around the Internet called "7 Things".

Here are the rules:

* Link your original tagger(s), and list these rules on your blog.
* Share seven facts about yourself in the post - some random, some weird.
* Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
* Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs and/or Twitter and/or Plurk.

So here are my 7 Things You Might Not Know About Me:

1) I married my high school sweetheart. Bill was 15 and I was 17. We got married at 18 and 20 and will be married 29 years in April, but the first time I ever laid eyes on him was when he was probably 7 or 8 and played on my cousin Mike's pee wee baseball team. I didn't know I was going to marry him then.

2) I was one of three co-valedictorians in high school. One of the other valedictorians was pregnant. (How smart is that?)

3) During the summer of 1974 I was hooked on the Watergate hearings. I think I even took notes.

4) Other than being born, the only time I've ever been in the hospital was when I was 4 years old with pneumonia. I've never had a broken bone or a stitch.

5) I am a JFK buff. I studied him in an Independent Study program in grade school and had read almost every book written about the assassination before I graduated high school. I finally got to go to Dealey Plaza and the book depository in 1997. (I KNOW who killed Kennedy -
but if I told you I would have to kill you.)

6) I am a huge sports fan, especially baseball. I probably know more about sports than a lot of men.

7) My nickname in high school was "Pips" because I use to sing "Midnight Train To Georgia" and dance the Pips' dance, but most of my family calls me "Trace".

Now it’s my turn to tag and I’m supposed to tag 7 others. The problem is that I only know 3 bloggers I can link to, and two of them have already been tagged, so it's up to you, Angie!

UPDATE: It appears it's okay to tag some of my MySpace friends. So, I'm also tagging Bill, Jenny, Kathy, Alicia, Ginny and Tresie
5 Responses
  1. Vicky Says:

    #3 - The question is were you hooked on the OJ Simpson trial in 1995?

    #4 - Uh oh, hope you didn't jinx yourself.

    #7 - Pips dance at the F&H!!

    Your cousin blogs - it's on MySpace but she blogs. Has she been tagged??


  2. #3 No. I was working then. In 1974 I was 14. That's how I spent my summer vacation!

    #4 Me too.

    #7 Uh, I'm not going to the F&H. LOL.

    Am I allowed to link to MySpace profiles? What if they are private?


  3. Vicky Says:

    If they're private other people won't be able to see them but you can link to them and you can tell the people on MySpace you tagged them.

    #7 Okay then Pips dance at the Pub or in Oxnard!


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Wow - interesting stuff that I didn't know about you!

    I also have been a JFK buff since I was a little kid...I bet you didn't know that....:)


  5. No, cathi, I did NOT know that! Do YOU know who killed JFK?


Related Posts with Thumbnails