Some Wise Words I Read

"I used to have this great therapist. She asked me to name the core beliefs, principles, feelings that I was totally, without a doubt, completely committed to, that meant the most to me, that I was certain of. As sessions went on, she would, fairly frequently, point out when my words, thoughts or actions seemed to be at odds with my commitment to those things. Indeed, some of these things, it turned out, I routinely equivocated about, betrayed, doubted. My point, and I do have one, should be fairly obvious: sooner or later, it doesn't really matter what you say, it's what you do, how you are in the world, that shows your true commitment.


And the truth will always come out. It will be especially obvious to those who have a stake in what you say you care about."


1 Response
  1. Nancy Says:

    And where did you read these wise words?? I find them very true. Thank you for the very lovely time yesterday.


Related Posts with Thumbnails