Hummingbird Wars

For a few months now, I’ve felt like Captain Ahab in the novel “Moby Dick”. Since we moved into our new house last March, I have been trying to photograph the hummingbirds that come to my feeder. They became increasingly territorial as the summer wore on, and I’ve made it my (thus far futile) mission to try and photograph the hummingbird wars that have been taking place. Today was the closest I’ve come…those little shits are fast! The picture below was taken a second or two before the battle.
 hummingbird_wars
And now, within the past couple of weeks, the finches have decided they like to drink the sweet hummingbird nectar!
finch
(I know this picture is lousy, but I took it through the screen door with my 50mm manual focus lens, unmetered.)
0 Responses
Related Posts with Thumbnails