My Bucket List

I’ve never really sat down and written a bucket list. There are a couple of things I dream of doing that I know I never will accomplish. One is watching a baseball game in every major league ballpark in the U.S. The other is what I call “The Lighthouse Tour” or visiting every lighthouse along the Unites States coastline. I’ve pared the baseball thing down to seeing games in as many parks as I can and visiting the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown (hopefully next Spring).

Heceta Head Lighthouse I first learned about the Heceta Head Lighthouse along the Oregon Coast in the latest issue of Coastal Living magazine which did a feature on haunted lighthouses. Though the Heceta Head Lighthouse website makes no mention of it, legend has it that the lighthouse is haunted by the ghost of an elderly lady named “Rue”. The grave of a baby has been found on the haunted Heceta Head Lighthouse grounds, and is believed to possibly be Rue's child.

I know a couple of people who live in Oregon and someone who will be soon. I think this is one lighthouse I might definitely visit!

What’s on YOUR bucket list?

Photo via Flickr
2 Responses
  1. Kathy Says:

    Italy. Retiring. Visiting every National Park. Spain. There are about 50 more things, but those are the ones that pop into my head immediately.


  2. Cathi Says:

    I definitely want to go to Europe, Austrailia, New Zealand, Costa Rica, Quebec City...my bucket list involves alot of air travel....i really wish we could transport ourselves like Bewitched used to....haha...XXOO


Related Posts with Thumbnails