I Want To Do. This.

Those of you who know me know that I am a shutterbug. I don’t call myself an “amateur photographer”. That would be taking myself too seriously. Shutterbugs take pictures. Photographers create art. I aspire to be an amateur photographer, but I’m not sure I’ll ever get there. You might also know that I love water. I love streams, creeks, lakes, oceans. If there’s water in it, I love it; and if the water is moving I love it even more.

The other day I learned for the first time about Clark Little, a photographer who takes amazing pictures of ocean waves along the North Shore, but he doesn’t stand on the beach and take your typical ocean pictures. Take a look.



This is crazy good stuff because it combines two of my passions, photography and water. I doubt he’ll be bringing his show to the desert, but I can’t wait to buy the book!  More amazing pictures like those below can be seen on his website gallery.

wave_001

wave_004

wave_010

I no longer want to be an amateur photographer when I grow up – I want to be Clark Little!
4 Responses
  1. Cathi Says:

    Wow! Those are amazing photos! Thanks for sharing this...:) XXOO


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Awesome but I would be afraid of getting bashed in the head with the camera!!! Them are some big waves now!!! He does get cool shots. Give it a try Trace!


  3. Kathy Says:

    Isn't Shutterbugging fun?? I have always had a fantasy about taking photos of the ocean, then the beach, then the city, then on the road traveling up the 1, photos of wine country, then the mountains and doing a photo journal. Want to join me?


  4. Lisa Says:

    Hey, not sure why but my comment came up anonymous!!! That was from me :)


Related Posts with Thumbnails