It's Still The Weekend!

Things You Should Know About Me:

  • I am NOT a morning person. In fact, among family and friends I am notorious for it, and it's joked about often.
  • I haven't worked in over a year and haven't worked outside the home in over 3 years.

Things You Should Know About My New Job:
  • I start at 7 AM. The round trip commute is two hours. That means I have to get up at 4:30 AM.
  • The days are 10 hour days; the weekly hours anywhere between 40 and 50.

These are the two things I have struggled with the most this first week. It's not a permanent job, and the money is good so I am trying really hard to pull this together. So far on work days I have been able to do nothing much but work, come home and try to stay awake until bed time which is between 9 and 9:30.

This is how I feel at the end of a workday.


image via Cute Overload

I am so enjoying this first weekend of doing the things I love to do like sleeping until after the sun comes up, blogging, catching up on my favorite blogs and sitting around in the morning drinking coffee and waking up slowly.

I hope you're having a blessed Sunday!
4 Responses
  1. Cathi Says:

    I think you are doing a fantastic job....especially with those long hours and keeping up with your blog...awesome!

    You can do it....!! You still have a few more hours of relaxing...!! XXOO


  2. Nancy Says:

    The fact that you know what your challenges are, only makes them easier to deal with...you're doing fine and it will improve. I'm thinking about your first payday things will be looking up!!


  3. Lisa Says:

    The toughest part is behind you...the dreaded, nerve racking first week....it's upward from here on out darlin :) Especially when it comes to the first pay day!!! When you work all week, it really makes the weekend look good. When you are at home (like me) the week all runs together and there isn't much special about any day (except church on Sunday for me) so now for you....cheerish your weekend and do only what YOU want to do!!! Don't neglect the blog!


  4. Kathy Says:

    You aren't a morning person? When the heck did THAT start??

    I love you! Glad you made it through the first week and got to enjoy a blessed weekend!


Related Posts with Thumbnails